Voting Slip Collection
Important Message for National Representatives, District Delegates and Voting Delegates
- Voting Slips may only be collected by the designated person (National Representative or District Delegate).
- No other delegates should go to the Voting Desk. Voting Delegates will be told in advance from whom and where they are to collect their booklets.
- If you have not received designated person instructions from IIW before you arrive in Melbourne, you are not the designated person.
- National Representatives and District Delegates Please Note: You will receive a list of all the people to whom you must distribute the booklets. Please bring this with you to the Convention.
Single District Countries
- National Representative collects all voting slips relating to her country and distributes them to District and Club delegate vote holders.
Multiple District Countries
- National Representative collects her own, the National Governing Body Booklet and any IIW Past President voting booklets for onward distribution at the Convention.
- District Delegate collects the District booklet and all booklets for the Clubs in her District, which she will distribute to the individual Club vote holders at the Convention.
Where and when Voting Slips may be collected
Only the designated person may collect Voting Slips at the following times and places:
- TUESDAY 10 APRIL 2018 - between the hours of 1400-1700 from Room 207 located on Level 2 Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- WEDNESDAY 11 APRIL 2018 - between the hours of 0730 – 1900 from the Voting Desk, located in the Foyer of the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- THURSDAY 12 APRIL 2018 - before 0900 from the Voting Desk, located in the Foyer of the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Please arrange to distribute the Voting Slips to your delegates correctly and efficiently BEFORE the start of the Opening Ceremony – 0900 Thursday 12 April 2018.
This timing is most important to ensure your Voting Delegates have their necessary paperwork in time for the commencement of the Business Session. Failure to do so will result in your members being unable to cast the votes they are carrying.
Prior to departing for the IIW 2018 Convention it is the responsibility of every National Representative and District Delegate to:
- Ensure you have the names, Convention accommodation and contact details of every Voting Delegate from your country and that she knows how to contact you if necessary.
- Arrange a meeting time and place to distribute the Voting Slips at the Convention.
All Voting Delegates have a responsibility to collect the Voting Slips from the designated person at the designated meeting place on time. Please be considerate.
Deputies and substitutions will not be accepted on-site. Any changes to delegate names must be sent to IIW in advance of the event with a reason for the change.
The Stewards will do spot checks. If you are holding a booklet not in your name, the booklet will be taken from you and all the votes will be forfeited.